Tuesday, July 15, 2014

B.Y.O.B. and INCHIE, NAVY

Weekly Challenge #176
B.Y.O.B.
(*splat*)


   With our host, Laura gone traveling to a conference to learn more about her son's syndrome, Moebius Syndrome, we have a guest poster this week. Amy Broady, has a very interesting suggestion for a string pattern. Basically it's a "SPLAT" of some sort of beverage, on a piece of paper.  (hence, bring your own beverage B.Y.O.B.) (This kinda reminds me of a Shark Tank episode, where someone invents something totally awesome, due to an 'OOPS' or some kind of mistake. And then I say to myself, "why didn't I think of that?") This was very fun and I do have to say, mysterious!!!! Not knowing how my string or 'splat' was gonna turn out,.......to ok, now what do I do with it. My 'splat' was created, firstly, by a berry smoothy (and actually some whole berries). Then I felt like it needed a little more and I used some of my morning cup of coffee. While I took my kids to swim lessons, my paper dried. And when I returned, this is what my mysterious string turned out to be.
It looks quite interesting and messy!!
   And here is how Zentangle can turn a crazy 'spill', 'splat', or 'oops', into something worth using! So don't throw away those 'oops' papers. You probably could use it!!!

Tangles used: Tripo, Mooka, Apulia, and Artoo (Since Laura's trip is about Artoo, I just had to add  him in !)( Now I'm sure the splat tangle has a name, but I don't know what it is.)

   Something a little green would've probably looked nice in this, but I didn't have any green juices at the moment. :0) Take a peek at the Diva's Challenge and see what everyone else has created, ...........I am!! Ciao for now!!
Share Humanity
:0)

Every Inchie Monday
Weekly Challenge
'Navy'

   Now, you'll have to excuse my computer skills on this one. I don't know how some of you scan photos and then shrink them down and use them as part of your inchies....? I give you credit for that!!! I am sooooooo computer illiterate it is almost embarrassing!!! Anyway, I took a picture of a picture, and then was able to get it small (but not small enough, I had to chop off part of his head) print it, and then cut it out and take a picture of that!!! Whew,............ but I just had to get my dad into my collage of Inchies. He's already short, but now I've made him into an Inchie!!!!!! AAAAAghhhh!!!! 
   My father was in the Navy. So I am partial to those men that go into that branch of the service. Oh, and when they're in their white uniforms, hubba hubba!!! They look soooooo handsome!!!(Ever see Officer and a Gentlemen?) So here is my Papa!!!

This is my Inchie!!

Here is a picture of the original picture!! I think he's quite handsome, and not just because he's my dad!! :0)

THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO STOPS BY AND READS MY POST! 
A SPECIAL THANKS TO THOSE OF YOU WHO LEAVE ME SMILING 
BY LEAVING ME A MESSAGE!! 
YOU MAKE MY DAY!!

:0) 
Share Humanity




No comments: