Sunday, December 2, 2012

Santa Claus, Embellished, Egg Ornament



HO HO HO, A MERRY OLE SOUL

This Santa Claus egg ornament I actually made in 2004. But I thought I would
share it with you, since I am bringing all of my Christmas decorations out, for the season!
My mother and I used to take an egg decorating class
from a wonderful woman, Joyce Melanson!
She, since, has moved and I miss her and the chance to
brake away from home duties and go work on beautiful eggs.
A lot of the work we did, was in the style of Faberge'! But we also did
egg carving, beaded eggs, egg necklaces, and pieces like this, called
ball relief. It's a form of layering cut pieces of paper and rolling them
a little bit with an embossing tool, and then gluing them to create a 3D affect.

This is how the original picture was before I embellished it. 
Joyce had this liquid called 'Decal It'! It was like a glue. But it allowed you to make, like, 
a transfer, with any paper picture you find. And when applied onto the egg, it was smooth.
Almost as if it were a rub on applique.
As you can see in this picture, I did star, cuts on the sides of the egg, with an electric drill.


 Usually after applying the applique with Modge Podge, then a light coat of it is applied after, just to seal it. Then the layering of different cuts of the same picture, are applied to give that 3D affect.
I also used crystals and beads. And of course for Santa's beard, I used doll hair.
I added a little bit of that crystal lacquer to his eyes, in hopes to give them a real twinkle!

A HO HO HO!
I hope you enjoy this and it may inspire you!
Remember, egg decorating doesn't have to be just for Easter!!


















I will probably be adding posts, on things I have made in the past. Only because I am busy quilling my snowflakes, that I do every year, as gifts, for family and friends.
But,.....
Keep tuned in, because I will be giving out a FREE
snowflake pattern in upcoming posts!!


December is upon us!!
Happy Advent!

:0)




Joyce, this is a special message just for you!!
Mom and I miss you and wish you
would move back!
If you're teaching egg class out there, I hope
those women know, just how lucky and blessed they are to have you be their teacher!!Thank you for everything you taught us!!!  
Love you and God Bless You!

                                                                                                                                        

No comments: