Tuesday, July 7, 2015

'TRY' TRICOLOR


Weekly Challenge #225
Guest Blogger, Jen Crutchfield, CZT
'Use Color'  2 or 3



   Thank you, Jen for a fun challenge! I have seen other people use these similar colors in their Zias and I always think they look so beautiful! So thank you to all of you! (I can't remember who exactly to give you credit. ) It was soooo hard NOT to use black!!!
   I am also going to show the stages (inspiration from Cris Leutourneau, CZT (All Tangled Up in Art) In her past few posts, she has posted pictures of the progression of her tiles or Zias. I feel that it is very inspiring and it shares the learning experience of Zentangle. Thank you Cris for always sharing such helpful info!! :0)

Please, click on any image to enlarge.


This Zendala is one that I just created on my own. Going with the flow of Zentangle. Picking tangles as I go along and create.



Not only was it fun deciding on which tangle to use, I found it fun choosing what color to use too! This was only my 4th Zendala I've done. As you can see it's not perfectly round :0/


Here we go! Finito!! With shading.

   Thank you again, Jen for this week's challenge and for filling in for the Diva!!! (What would we do if we didn't have the Diva Challenge,.................. what a scary thought!) haha We LOVE the Diva!!!!
   Have a great week and stay in tuned, I will be changing my blog soon. I will keep 'Call it What You Quill', but I am going to be creating a new blog just for all inspired Zentangle info. And soon,......class info!!! " I can't wait!!!"
   A many thanks and hugs for all the uplifting messages from last week!!! Love to all!

Go put
Some 
Zen
into this
TAnglEd 
world
!
:0)









11 comments:

Ulrike B. said...

beautiful patterns and very nice color

Mariët said...

Nice to see how you create the tile!
It's very beautiful !

Didisch said...

Nice to see your WIP Annette, great tangles and great coloring. Awesom how you started!

Tangles and More said...

Nice progression in your Zendala. It came together well. I have probably done more Zendalas using strings that someone else created. Just saw today that Erin at The Bright Owl posted another Zendala Dare. Have not copied that template yet, but hoping to do so. Like the color combination. The touch of gold is nice.

Kreanimo said...

Beautiful!
Love the colors and that you've shown your progression.

Annette P.-L. said...

Fabulous zendala! Great to see the steps! Wonderful colours and tangles!

Kari said...

Beautiful color combination!

Helen said...

Wonderful! It reminds me so much of illuminated lettering. Nice to see your work in progress :)

jeanchaneyaz said...

Beautiful Zendala and I enjoyed seeing the progression. How exciting that you will be teaching soon. You will be a wonderful teacher :)

Anne's tangle blog said...

Always nice to see how a zia came to live. Thanks for sharing.

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Love the colors you used...yes they really go well together almost a renaissance feel to them. Wayne didn't have surgery on his knee...just one of those "getting a bit decrepit now and then" situations. He loves to play disc golf and has had to tone it down a bit until he's better, but soon will be at it again. We are in Eastern Oregon awaiting the birth of our first grandbaby...the midwife is saying after the 19th...boys tend to be late....we'll see.