Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Teacher Doodle Appreciation



Teacher Doodle Appreciation






   I actually did these for the kid's teachers at the end of their
school year!
    I bought the cardboard letters, painted them the school colors and then I zen'fun'doodled on a piece of paper and put it in a frame and wah-la!!!!
(note: I'm using the term zenfundoodle, because I respect the whole art of Zentangle and I don't want to take away from it!)I use a lot of zentangle patterns but I also blend in a lot of doodling, and plane ole' drawing.
   ( I hope to learn the true art of Zentangle! And when I do,...........watch out!)







This one, "P'", is the finished look! After I was finished
with my zen'fun'doodle, I then had the kids in the class sign their names on it. Kindergarteners were so much fun to work with!











I adhered the letters onto the framed glass, with the heavy duty,  glue dots!


Here's the finished "F"! I wanted to try out the pens for writing on glass. (DecoArt glass paint marker) So that's what I used on this one. Not to sure I was totally happy with it. It was pretty translucent! And to try and get 1st graders to rewrite over their already printed name was a challenge!

 And thanks to all the 40% off coupons that Michaels and JoAnnes  gives out, the frames I bought were next to nothing. The $.99 cents store is also a good place to find inexpensive frames.

I was happy to see that at the returning to school this year, I visited their last years teachers, and they had these hanging in their classrooms! It made me smile!
Anyway, enjoy, and I hope this puts a little inspiration in your bonnet!!!
Really this idea could be used for any kind of gift or decor.

Peace be yours
:0)
Annette


PS.  As always, any comments are welcomed!

No comments: