Tuesday, June 24, 2014

REDUX, REMIX, REVISIT COMFORT TANGLE and INCHIE, 'MAID'

I Am the Diva, CZT
Weekly Challenge #173
Redux, Remix, and Revisit Comfort Tangle
by
guest blogger
Sharla Hicks and Tangled Expressions

   So while the Diva, Laura, is in Providence, Rhode Island for the 15th CZT class. She had a guest blogger fill in for her on her challenge. And I do have to say, it is a must, that you visit Sharla Hicks' blog. She is an amazing artist that has a unique style to Tangling. So, thank you, Sharla for filling in and giving us our challenge for this week! (God forbid, what would we all do without a weekly challenge to do? We need someone to tell us what to do!!!) :0)
   Anyway, I actually have quite a few tangles that are my faves! Quite a lot, actually, but I only used 6. Is that cheating? So my redux, remix, explosion would be, to use black paper! I have not yet done a tangle on black paper. So I thought this would be my perfect opportunity to do so! 
   It was quite interesting to say the least, because the shading, and things, seemed backwards to me. Because I was using white,.............right?(shrug of shoulders) Anyway, this is what I came up with. 

I don't know if you can see the Mooka done in black, on the outer perimeter of the tangle. The Tangles that I used were Mooka, 120 Ribbonz, Aquafleur, Quib, Angel Fish, and Quandary.

Please, remember to click on any image to enlarge.
   These are the tools that I used. I started with regular 6"x6" square, black card stock. Then I did my dark, heavy lines with the Permapaque', by Sakura. (That was so much fun to use. It was as if I was painting. It was so smooth and flowed beautifully.) I did have to play a little to make sure I wouldn't get areas of heavy flow. But with a little playing first, it was easy! I'm so sorry, but I don't recall the name of the maker of colored pencils. But they're considered dry markers, and are meant for dark paper. Then of course my Charcoal White pencil for shading. 
   I was afraid to try tangling on black paper. But now I think I might have to do more of it. It was fun and I feel the outcome is more dramatic!!
Thanks again Sharla,
you brought me out of my comfort zone!!
Ciao, til next week!!
:0)


Every Inchie Monday
Weekly Challenge
'Maid'

   For some reason I couldn't get past the obvious on this one! Let's just say, I took this word personal.
Is it because my kids are out of school right now? Is it because I feel tired all the time? Or, that I can't seem to keep up with everything???? Well, I'm sure all of you other moms can feel, or have felt this way at some time. It's a constant rotation.......
Eat
Clean
Pick up rooms
Vacuum
Dust
Eat
Clean
Laundry
Bathrooms
Eat
Clean
And then comes my favorite part
10PM rest, Tangle, Inchies, and computer time.
Sleep
Wake up,............
and it starts all over again!!!!!!!
   I'm sure many of you can relate!! (I'm not complaining,.................or am I???) 
Mom with her feather duster and a little missed cob web in the corner.
But of course, we do it all with 'love' :0)

Have great week,......... OOOOOOOOOhhhhh, I gotta and go sweep the floors after the little ones played in mud and trampled through the house!!!!

:0)
Share Humanity

No comments: