Thursday, June 12, 2014

BEADS OF COURAGE and A CAUSE

Weekly Challenge # 171
"Beads of Courage"

   First of all, I have to say, that this challenge has been the most heartfelt challenge I have experienced with the Diva's Challenges. It has united us all in a deeper way than just Zentangle. Courage!!!! Courage is one key factor that we all have within to keep us going. And when you have a whole support group on the side lines rooting you on, ...............Courage grows!!!! I have already read most of the posts on Laura's linky machine for this week, as I have been trying to finish my tile. My heart feels the pain and yet the outstanding courageousness that each person has shared on their post. So my tile not only goes out to my niece, Katie, but I want to share it with everyone, both child and parents, and loved ones, that sometimes feel courage won't last. It will!! We are all rooting you on, on the sidelines!!! With courage comes unity, trust, hope, faith, charity, love and understanding! Beautiful emotions that sometimes can only be shared through pain and suffering. My prayers, love and ((((HUGS)))) to all that have opened themselves to sharing their story!!!
   As most of you know, I have a 21 year old niece that has been diagnosed with an incurable brain cancer. (I do believe in miracles though.) Anyway, with brain tumors and cancer, a lot of times the person also has to fight the battle of seizures. My niece has been faced with seizures and the unfortunate disabilities that have entered her life because of them. 
   Striving to be courageous in every way, she has had to put her college education on hold, she is unable to have the freedom of driving and living a freer life as any 21 year old should. Having to hold back on independence has been the most challenging for her at her age. 
   As we, her family, are all here to help her, there is very little we can physically do. Except cheer her on, on the side lines and pray!!!! A big part of dealing with her illness, for me, has been to Zentangle. I shared that with my contribution to the CBS Morning Show, effort for Zentangle. Zentangle is therapy and it helps deal with hurtles in life! Anyway, thanks to Maria and Rick, it has opened the door to a new therapy that speaks to so many of us. 
   Here is my Zia, for 'Beads of Courage'
I chose this Zia, to represent the beads on a Rosary. I know I have added an extra decade to it but I know Katie has earned far more beads than this. 

The tangles used on some of the beads are '120 Ribbonz',  and hugz IN kizzez , both in honor of Katie. 

   Prayer and Katie, were my inspiration for this Zia!! The gray represents 'grey matters' ribbon for brain cancer, and the lavender is the color that represents support for seizures. 

   I have asked Katie for permission to write about her journey and with her courage, she is more than happy for me to share it with people. She says it will help bring more awareness to the insight of brain cancer and to learn more about it. She had a picture of her brain on her cell phone as the screen saver. When I saw it I said, "Oh my goodness your brain is so beautiful!!"  And then the more I looked at it I started seeing that it could be used as a string for Zentangle. Of course, with her permission, she let me do so! I told her and I tell anyone else with any kind of illness, "Your brain is beautiful Katie, it's the cancer that is ugly!!" So don't ever stop loving you and your body because of the ugly diseases that are out there!! You are beautiful and you are courageous!!!!
click on any image to enlarge

My niece really likes the Lotus flower, so I chose that over the area where her tumor and cancer are. Positive thoughts and prayer for healing!! I do want to share big "THANKS" to Barbara Geer, for helping bring awareness and prayer to The awareness of brain cancer in support of my niece!!

Me and Katie at the 5K run for Brain Cancer Awareness

Katie, sporting her new wig! Amazing how it looks like her real hair!! 
   I know this has been an extremely long post, but thanks to Laura, it has been an opening to let all of us share a little personal pain and courageousness with one another. And to be supportive of one another also!!  I urge all of you to please visit Laura and her family, at her blog and read about their ongoing courage to fight Moebius Syndrome. And please take time to read all the other's posts and their journey with courage! We can all learn how to be more understanding and aware of every cause, by sharing our pains! We all, in many ways have earned "Beads of Courage!"
We must always count our blessings!

:0)
Share Humanity

No comments: