Tuesday, July 1, 2014

SUPERIMPOSED STRING, and INCHIE, 'MAROON'

Weekly Challenge #174
Superimposed String

   Laura, has another guest post person for this week's challenge! Aimee Belair, has challenged us to place one string on top of another,

and then tangle it. Superimposed is what this technique is called. 
   As it is a really neat idea, I don't always use a string with my tiles. (whether or not that makes it a Zia or not an official Zentangle, I'm not too sure)There is still so much for me to learn about Zentangle. (I'm sure it would help if I took a class.) Anyway, this was a challenge for me this week. I'm not to excited with the outcome, and tried to keep it the basic Zentangle look without color.
1st layer of string

The 2nd layer of string added on.
Here goes.


Tangles used: Jitters, Tropicana, Zonked, Maisie, hugzINkizzez

   Like I said, I'm not too crazy about this one, so I may have to give it another try, if time permits.
Another crazy week! Have a great one and we'll see ya' next week!!
   I'm hoping to get a Patriotic Tangle in somewhere, but if I don't, have a great 4th of July!!!
UPDATED July 8, 2014
Thanks Donald for the suggestion! I like it much better!! 
Isn't it amazing how different a tile can look, just by adding more weight on lines and circles!! (It's still not my favorite tile, but the whole Zen experience was worth it!!

Weekly Challenge
'Maroon'

   Now, I know everyone is going to look at my Inchie and say, "What does that have to do with the color maroon?" Well to ease your curiosity, maroon, gray and white were my high school colors. So that was the first thing I thought of when I saw that word. I actually like that color. But by the time I was out of high school, I was kinda done with it. (And how many of you remember that color with mauve and hunter green, as home decor back in the 80's??? ) Enough already!!!!
   Anyway, the city I live in, in So Cal was known for it's steel mills. Many people moved here from other states and countries (for that matter) to find labor work with the steel mills. Therefor we have the famous hospital known as Kaiser Permanente. It was mainly for all the employees that worked for Kaiser Steel. There really is so much more history to this Inchie, but this is all I have time for now.
This little guy was, and still is, the mascot for my high school. 
   At the time I was in high school, it was the only high school in town. My little farm and steel town has now developed so much and has so much more population, that there are now 5 or 6 high schools here. Call it progress, .............I don't know!
   Anyway, have a wonderful weekend and for those of you that live in the US, HAPPY 4TH of JULY!! 
  We are the Home of the Free,
because of the Brave!!
Thank you
for our freedom!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

xo
:0)

No comments: