Monday, February 24, 2014

CURVY GRIDLOCK, INCHIE 'DARK', and TWINCHIE, 'STARS'

Weekly Challenge #156
Show me your Curves,........ in a Gridlock sorta way!!

   I had to laugh when I saw what our challenge was that Laura gave us. Last week I made a comment how grid patterns are my most difficult to do! Well, look what she gave us....! Too funny!!( I think it was Laura's way of giving me my 'Time Out', since I messed up on the Linky Machine, two weeks in a row.  Yeeeeeeksss!!!) I really was sorry!!! I'm just kidding!!! I know she didn't do this because of me. Anyways, I rather had a good time doing this grid because Laura did say to use curvy lines. Which helped me be a little more creative. *wink Thanks Laura!!! :0)
   Now I just briefly added on last weeks challenge a new tile and mentioned that I would be adding a gray ribbon on my tiles from now on. (The reason being I had to ask my niece if it was ok to do this). My niece was diagnosed with Brain Cancer back in December. It has been a real eye opener to how to deal with cancer, only because I have never had someone so close to me be diagnosed with any kind of cancer. I have been pondering how to bring this into my blog without creating a whole lot of,..........well, I guess you might say, drama. But I feel like I need to help bring awareness to brain cancer, to help her. It will be the last time I will be writing about it on my challenge posts. So you will see gray ribbons included, somewhere, in my tiles from now on. I will have a whole separate page for Brain Cancer Awareness under my heading The Ripple Effect.(I am still putting that together.) I will be adding to it frequently. Please take time to read and inform yourself and hopefully others, of this horrible illness. 
   I just have to say, "I pray for all and any of you and your families that have ever had to go through anything like this. It's painful and hard to grasp!! So my heartfelt empathy go out to you!!! God Bless you with Peace and Understanding and yet Strength and Love to carry you on!!! XO'S"
   ( I also didn't want to turn the weekly challenge into a mourning and sad event every week! I have to say this week is one of the first weeks that my mind and body are feeling balanced and peaceful. I never really give much detail about my personal life but this has been hard to pretend it's not there, even with tangling and blogging. So bare with me for unloading.) Hugs!
Tangles used: Girdy, HugzIN kizzez, Carp3, Puff, Emingle, and Echoism. Click on images to enlarge.

Tangles used: Chard, Cubine, Florz, Flying Geese, Gingham, Telis, Navaho, and 4 Corners

Share Humanity


:0)

Weekly Challenge 
'Dark'

Or as I describe it as 
"the dark side"

I guess you can even say, "the Darth side,........." (hahaha)
Have an awesome week!!!
Share Humanity
:0)

Twinchie Challenge Blog
Weekly Challenge
'Stars'


   I missed last week, but I'm hoping to catch up! Anyway, our American flag is what came to mind. And I have to say, I cheated a little. I quilled a bunch of different patriotic mini cards, back in 2002. (the year was on the back) And I remembered I still had some , so I thought I would apply it to this weeks challenge! I just love minis.


It's always fun doing Twinchies! Anybody want to join in on the fun??
Have an awesome week!!!

:0)
Share Humanity



No comments: