Tuesday, December 24, 2013

INCHIE 'FOOD'


'FOOD'
(And Thank God we have it!!!!)

Pictures taken on top of a Pizzelle. Click on photos to enlarge.
 Again this was a difficult week to make a decision!! SSooooooo many things came to mind. So this first one reflects my Italian heritage. Pasta, Fish, Bread, Cheese and Vino for dinner. For dessert Pizzelles, Canoli, Woochadatta, and Italian Cookie.

I had to take this picture on a plate that my Slovakian Grandmother gave me,.
For the other side of my heritage it's Slovakian food! Cabbage Rolls, and Pierogi for dinner and then for dessert it's Apricot, Prune, Nut, and Poppyseed Kolache!!


This next picture is of a yearly tradition that came from my father's side of the family. (And I really don't know where they got it from.) Anyway, every New Year's Eve, we put out on our table, these three foods. A head of Cabbage which represents "Prosperity", a thing of Salt for "Wisdom", and a Loaf of Bread for "Food". This is a wish for these things for the upcoming year!!

I can't believe I actually did this post on Christmas Eve!!!! 

Wishing you all a 
Very Merry Christmas!!

:0)
Peace be Yours

No comments: