Sunday, June 17, 2012

Grads n Dads

   As always, with two big families, we are partying like there is no tomorrow!!! Our kindergartner "graduated' on to first grade,.........woohoo!!! My niece and nephew graduated from high school. (look out world,  "here they come!!!!"). And then, of course, it's the special day for DADS.                         
 So, here's a tip of the hat to all of you!!!! ("now let's celebrate")


My sons kindergartner teacher's last name. I cut the letters with my Cricut machine, and then I quilled an outline and added polka dots randomly around. (I was trying to keep it a little more masculine) Then each child in his class signed their name.





I found both of these frames at the .99 cents store. I left a wide border around her name so that her friends that attended her party, could sign it. I filled in the numbers and letters with that new technique, talked about in the North American Quillers Guild newsletter. (I believe it's called 'crimping'. (I modified it a little) And then I used the large open "S" technique to add a little movement. I call it "Serendipity". I use it a lot in my work. It is so fun, and happy and yet elegant. (a little 'serendipitous' ) :0)







                                  "Congratulations to all of you that graduated and a very                                      Happy Father's Day to all of you dads out there!!!!"
And last but not least, a cute little ditty, that I found on Pinterest by motherrhythm.blogspot .com. My kids feetsies, expressing their love for their DAD! 

No comments: